School development plan
At Moorcroft we create a School Development Plan each academic year.
Our main focus this year:
- Communication will be fully embedded across the curriculum and staff will be equipped with an acute understanding of students’ communication needs.
- Teachers will become experts at meeting the needs of ASD pupils.
- Students at National Curriculum level will be rigorously challenged to make outstanding progress.
- Students with complex needs will make outstanding progress through relevant and challenging teaching methods.
- New teachers will rapidly improve their skills in the classroom through the new academy training programme.
- Maths will be fully embedded throughout the curriculum, so it becomes more meaningful for all students and will better prepare them for adult life
- Each student will have a personalised plan to ensure that they follow a pathway that will ensure they are fully prepared for their destination post-Moorcroft
- Precise and varied evidence of learning will result in better informed target setting.
- High quality VI provision will enable students with visual impairment to access learning across the curriculum.
- There will be greater opportunities across the curriculum for students to develop their independence.
- Students will be fully prepared for adult life with Sixth Form provision fully corresponding to real life.
- Implement a high quality Health and Fitness programme across the school to enable students to live active and
- healthy lives.
- Teaching Assistants will have access to increasing opportunities for staff development including the creation of
- advanced posts.
- Students will have access to purposeful homework to consolidate learning.
- More rigorous tracking of behaviour trends will lead to the implementation and adaptation of action plans to ensure that standards of behaviour continue to rise.