Governance is a system of rules, practices and processes by which the Eden Academy Trust and each of the schools are managed.
Governance across the Trust has been established to support our vision:
The Eden Academy Trust will create centres of educational excellence where our young people will achieve exceptional outcomes
Governance at the Eden Academy Trust is led by the following:
The Board of Members
The Board of Members (or ‘members’) has ultimate control over the Eden Academy Trust.
They have the power to:
- appoint (or remove) Trustees
- issue instructions to the Trustees to take a specific action
- appoint the Trust’s auditors and receive the Trust’s annual accounts
- change the name of the Trust and ultimately, close the Trust.
Members meet once a year for an Annual General Meeting where they review performance across the Trust as well as discuss with Trustees new developments and their vision for the future.
You can find more information and profiles of the members here.
Review the Declarations of Interest of the Eden Academy Trust Members, Trustees and Audit Committee Members.
The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees (or ‘trustees’) are responsible for the performance, achievement and overall direction of the Eden Academy Trust. Legal accountability for all aspects of the Trust lies with the trustees including finance, personnel and premises, and the educational performance of the schools.
The trustees offer support, constructive advice and help to the CEO, Senior Leadership team and School Heads where needed, but will also challenge, ask questions and seek information to find the best solution for the Trust.
Trustees are responsible for four main areas:
- Strategy - they create the vision, ethos and strategy for the Trust and its schools and make sure there there is a strong and effective leadership structure and personnel in place across the Trust.
- Performance - they oversee and challenge the Trust’s education performance data and financial capability and management systems.
- Compliance – they establish the governance structures for the Trust and make sure it complies with all relevant regulations and the law.
- Communication – they engage with parents, pupils and staff and help to develop relationships beyond the Trust.
You can find more information and profiles of the trustees here.
You can find the Eden Academy Trust's annual accounts and report here.
Board of Trustees Committees
The Board of Trustees establish committees to support the work of the Trust. These committees include a finance committee, a performance management committee and an audit committee.
Moorcroft School Local Advisory Board
Moorcroft's Local Advisory Board (LAB) is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees. The LAB is not a legal entity in its own right. Legal accountability for all aspects of the school lies with the Trustees including finance, personnel and premises, and the educational performance of the school.
The LAB is designed to enable key stakeholders (e.g. parents, staff and community members) to get involved in the life of the school, to contribute to its development and to promote the school within the community.
Some members of our LAB carry out additional roles within the Eden Academy Trust, as members of the Board of Trustees or of other sub-committees. We are extremely grateful for the time, enthusiasm and commitment that all LAB members give to the school.
Click here to read minutes from the most recent LAB meeting
Trust Senior Leadership Team
Responsibility for the internal organisation, management and control of the Trust, implementing plans and policies is delegated by the Trustees to the Senior Leadership Team.
The Senior Leadership Team comprises the CEO, Director for Academy Development, Director for Finance and Operations and Regional Directors for Schools. You can find more information and profiles of our senior leaders here.
Please get in touch if you would like to see any other documentation relating to our governance.