At Moorcroft we believe that each student in an individual with their own talents and interests. Therefore, we personalise our target setting and assessment to match individual needs to give a true reflection of individual progress.
We use a basket of assessment tools to measure the progress of our students:
- planned learning outcomes
- staff judgements about personal and social development
We triangulate data from all three assessment sources to make a final judgement about achievement.
Language of Assessment
- Attainment - the current level of ability of a student
- Progress – the difference in attainment over a period of time
- Achievement – the how good the progress is relative to various factors, e.g. health, starting point, etc.
Highlights of last year's results
- Progress in P-levels is outstanding in English, Maths in KS3 and KS4 as it is high in comparison with national data.
- Overall progress in P-Levels is outstanding
- Overall progress in P-Levels is improving over time – solidly good in 2014/2015, outstanding in 2015/2016.
- Progress against personal targets for the whole school is outstanding.
- Progress in Personal and Social Development (PSD) for the whole school is outstanding.
- When triangulating overall judgements achievement is outstanding for the whole school.